Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSoC 2011: NSE Script Development

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:12:24 -0700

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 09:10:53PM +0200, Gorjan Petrovski wrote:
Hello,

I have experimented somewhat with the Windows and Unix backorifice
client, and found out that the Unix client is constantly crashing the
server. I'll use the Unix client source code for reference(for crypto,
etc.), however I'm gonna base most of the script on the Wireshark
analyses of the Windows client.

Gorjan, could you edit the Script_Ideas page and fill in examples of the
kind of information that a backorifice-info script would be able to
find. It's a good idea but the description could be better. The best is
if you can include some sample output, wihch the script will look like
when it is finished.

I'm assuming you already know about the protocol and what its
capabilities are; if you are still learning and don't know yet, then
don't worry about it.

David Fifield