Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] firewalk-path script

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 18:36:18 -0800

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:57:49PM +0100, Henri Doreau wrote:
2011/2/22 David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>:
Hi Henri, I took this more recent script and renamed it over the
previous firewalk.nse. The feature of automatically identifying the
gateways that are dropping packets is so useful that I think it will be
the more common behavior.

Ok thanks, this second version contained a little bug, due to an
"undeclared" function. The script doesn't run if you specify a timing
argument. The attached patch changes the position of
parse_timespec_ms() so that it is before the function that calls it.
Sorry about it, I was waiting for some feedback before sending a third
version of the script to the list.

No problem. I just committed your new patch.

If you would like to, you can restore the .ttl and .gateway arguments
that would cause the script to work as it did before.

I don't want to bloat the script with too many options if some are not
necessary. Is there a need for the former behavior (simply target one
system between you and the target)? If so then I can easily add them.

I think we don't need the old behavior unless someone really wants it.

David Fifield