Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap OS Fingerprint Cheat Sheet

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 21:53:18 -0800

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 12:31:46AM -0500, Paul Smith wrote:

I put it in PDF/a

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 07:59:17PM -0500, Paul Smith wrote:

Fyodor,

Recently I had to create a custom fingerprint for my workplace. due
to the sensitivity of my work, I had to manually make the fingerprint
instead of submitting it through your site. In the process of learning
how you wrote Nmap to fingerprint the operating systems, I made the
attached Cheat Sheet so that I could read the existing fingerprints
and understand how to make mine and modify it to fit our needs. I
figured that I would share it. Enjoy.

Nice!  Feel free to send it to nmap-dev () insecure org.  That way other
people can look at it, and it will be automatically archived on
seclists.org.  One suggestion is that you might select PDF/A-1a or
similar on the export dialogue.  That way the fonts will all be
embedded (my Linux box has trouble with the fonts on your version).
Even though that is more of a problem with the way some Linux distros
are set up, PDF/A seems to resolve it.

This looks good! The SCAN.DC test can also take on the value T, for
traceroute.

David Fifield