Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] snmp-ios-config - Config grabber

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 22:56:50 +0100

On Mar 1, 2011, at 07:36 , David Fifield wrote:

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:50:19PM +0100, Patrik Karlsson wrote:

On 22 feb 2011, at 12.34, Vikas Singhal wrote:

Then I guess we should mention it in the usage doc.

We could do that. The best alternative would obviously be to fix the bug as it affects both the drop box script,
this script and any other script that will bind to a specific udp port in the future.
I'm not sure if my analysis is correct, so if someone else could have a look at it to confirm, that would be great!

Your analysis in http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2011/q1/179 is correct. I
remember looking at this once before and finding that it wasn't trivial
to do the obvious thing--just create a socket when you say
new_socket--for some reason. I'm not planning to look at it more but
maybe someone else can see something I didn't.

David Fifield

Ok, thanks David.

//Patrik
--