Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncat portable for Windows (static edition)

From: Shinnok <admin () shinnok com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:11:47 +0300

On 06/20/2011 06:38 AM, Jonathan R wrote:
We might be able to use the basic version of ThinApp (made by VMware) to
create a standalone file. Their intro suggests that drivers are not a
problem so we might want to check into it.

http://www.vmware.com/products/thinapp/overview.html

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/thinapp_intro.pdf

I received confirmation from David that Ncat does not need WinPcap in
any way, so there's not going to be any further headache because of it,
especially since Ncat build statically works pretty well in my tests.

I'm waiting for confirmation and thoughts on this from other people.
Has anybody got a chance to test Ncat portable?

Br,
Shinnok