Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE][patch] Load script-args from a file

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:35:59 -0700

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:58:47PM +0300, Toni Ruottu wrote:
This is an interesting idea. It might be useful to have some kind of
scan profiles, that would ship with nmap. Do we have something like
that already? Should a profile contain just the script arguments?
Perhaps it should have the script names as well? How about other scan
parameters? I believe Zenmap has some kind of profiles. Are these
usable from the command line?

You are supposed to be able to use the --profile and --target options
together to automatically start a scan, but that's probably not what you
meant. Zenmap profiles are just command lines anyway, stored in
~/.zenmap/scan_profile.usp.

David Fifield