Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSoC 2011: NSE Script Development

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 21:44:47 +0200

Here is a BackOrifice service probe, it is tested and it works.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 8:36 PM, Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com> wrote:
Here is the updated script, it should run good now. Comments are welcome.

Any more tips on the GSOC proposal are welcome too. :-)

That's fine if it only runs on the default port. Usually we rely on
version detection to detect services running on non-default ports. We
don't seem to have a match for BackOrifice in nmap-service-probes. So if
you can make a service probe or match line, or a backorifice-version
script, we can solve this problem. But consider it as a separate task
from making backorifice-info work.

David Fifield

A BackOrifice probe first, and then on to write my GSOC proposal.

Cheers,
Gorjan