Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: REgarding my proposal for Gsoc 2011

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 13:49:41 -0700

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 01:02:11PM +0530, aditya wrote:
Sir/Madam

I actually was much interested in OS detection in IPv6 based
systems/networks. What led me to take up this topic was i found that when i
was using Nmap for multiple scanning the same host, a lot of times i came
across that there was a different OS which was detected , and that got me
into a very messed up situation as i being a penetration tester was very
much dependant on the authenticity of Nmap

Hence i really want to take up this topic and contribute to Nmap and open
source community so as to develop a full proof OS detection module for IPv6
support which would help a lot of penetration testers.

Please let me know how else i can improve my project, looking forward for
mentors.

You need to provide more information about your project. As it is, you
haven't told us anything to comment on. You need to state your ideas
here, not only on the google-melange site, because many more people can
see them here.

Please double-check the page at http://nmap.org/soc/apply.html and make
sure you've answered all the questions we require of a proposal.

David Fifield