Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] http-slowloris, check if a webserver is prone to the Slowloris DoS attack

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 19:31:06 +0300

Also, you mention some todo items in the comments. Are these still
relevant. Do you just want some light testing and feedback before
final polish, or is this still more like an early prototype?

You are saying that performing the attack takes a long time. Slowloris
site links a video where Sam Bowne demonstrates the attack in front of
live audience, and it takes seconds rather than days. Is the nmap
script different, or is it a server-side thing?

I am just asking these additional questions, so we could look at this
more efficiently while you are away. Have a good time abroad.