Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap

From: "Internetking" <nmapdev () whitehouse hulds com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:56:57 -0700

Gulshan Kumar wrote:
Hi,
Nmap is a network scanner. So people who manage networks use it for
securing their networks by scanning for any open holes and take proper
action if found any.
Nmap is not intended to be used as a tool to do illegal activities such
as entering into the computer networks of organizations without their
permission etc. Although hollywood has been featuring nmap as a hacking
tool in a number of movies. For a detailed information, visit this link:
http://nmap.org/movies.html
No you can't deny anyone from using an open source software like NMAP.
Its free and anyone can download and use it. But like other o

yeah, you right,  I guess....  but hope it is all good...  I was
wondering if there is cygwin port for nmap?

yes, i heard about it on  hollywoodf movies and decided to join group
and list gate to my bbs so people can see what nmap is all about :-D

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 2:53 AM, Internetking