Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: backorifice-info

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:14:01 +0200

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 9:48 AM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:

Thanks, Gorjan! I just added your script. Could you make another patch
that causes the script to call nmap.set_port_version to set the service
version and hostname?

Here is the patch. Since this is not an explicit version detection
script, it only fills up empty fields in the port.version table. I did
this because the entry point for the script would be an open|filtered
31337 port in which case no values are present in port.version table,
or a service detection which fills up some of the values only when the
service is running without a password. Is this right?