Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: scanme.roe.ch SCTP services over IPv6 (was: GSoC : CPE , SCTP , Update feed)

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 21:08:19 -0700

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 01:56:02AM +0200, Daniel Roethlisberger wrote:
Daniel Roethlisberger <daniel () roe ch> 2011-05-04:
David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> 2011-05-03:
On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 01:03:54AM +0200, Daniel Roethlisberger wrote:
The SCTP scanme box can still be reached at scanme.roe.ch.  UDP
and TCP are filtered, ICMP and SCTP are unfiltered.  IPv4 & IPv6.

According to the nmap-ipv6 branch, all IPv6 ports are closed, while 7,
9, and 80 are open for IPv4. Is that right?

That's correct, although you have missed 25/sctp, which features
an interactive SCTP based SMTP dummy service.  SCTP based SMTP is
not something I've seen for real, that's why it's not in the
services file (and thus not in the top 1000 ports).

My SCTP dummy service "framework" (see sctp-service.h in the
private area of the repo) does not support IPv6 yet.  Which is
something that should be remedied, I agree, and easy to remedy
too.

The dummy SCTP services on scanme.roe.ch now support IPv6 too.
You should be able to associate with SCTP ports 7, 9, 25 and 80
over both IPv4 and IPv6 now.

Nice! That was fast. Looks like it's working.

David Fifield