Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: snmp-interfaces problem

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 01:16:38 +0200

Actually, there is no way to make it work with the bug. The Index
field is essential for connecting the information of the two tables.

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 1:08 AM, Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I've found a bug in my SNMP server on my DD-WRT router (WRT54GL) which
doesn't list the correct ipAdEntIfIndex and causes the snmp-interfaces
script to fail. The script uses that field to find the interface which
has that IP address (which is the correct way).
I'm on my way to filing a bug report to DD-WRT, but this got me
thinking. Considering that dd-wrt is a popular firmware and I'm using
the current stable version, is there anything I should do about the
snmp-interfaces script (modify it so it works with the bug)?
My guess would be no, because the fault is with the server not with
the script, but I had to ask.

(on my third script, just my luck that this happens :-) )

Cheers,
Gorjan