Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] mac-geolocation : BSSID (MAC) address based geolocation of WiFi access points

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 13:21:25 +0300

This is cool! Would it be possible to give the output in a format that
you could copy/paste to google maps search field. I think that would
be better than providing a link, because it could work with other
services as well.

Is it possible to resolve the network card manufacturer, and add it in
parenthesis after the MAC. E.g. "00:22:6B:74:9B:1D (Cisco-Linksys)".

Is it possible to just trigger this for every host, rather than take
MAC as an argument. The script would be much more valuable if we could
run it automatically.

Should I shorten the output, or add a Google Maps link?
The output currently looks like this:
| mac-geolocation:
|   00:24:B2:1E:24:FE
|     Google