Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Gsoc 2011 idea about IPv6

From: Rajendra Pondel <neostar20 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 20:12:22 +0530

interesting

On 4/5/11, Xu Weilin <mzweilin () gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Xu Weilin <mzweilin () gmail com> wrote:

However, the multicast UDP and TCP packets can be used to do high
efficient
port scanning in local link. The scan type of 8-udp dns is a good example.

I'm sorry that I'm afraid the DNS service is an exception. The TCP packet
multicast to ff02::1 couldn't probe open ports since TCP sockets generally
don't join the FF02::1 group.
The multicast TCP SYN and TCP ACK of alive6 are useless in my tests.

--
Regards
Xu Weilin