Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: How to cancel a script scan

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 22:53:25 +0300

With some scripts it would be really useful to be able to run that
script until the user decides it has run long enough. The
target-sniffer is one example. Currently the users need to specify a
timeout before running the script. One day we might want to make it
more interactive and say "sniffing for targets, press <some key> to
start the scan". I believe this is a slightly different use case, but
we might want to add it to the todo list.