Nmap Development mailing list archives

Luis' Status Report - #7 of 17

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 00:43:17 +0200

Hi!

Here are the accomplishments of the week and the priorities for next week:

Accomplishments:

* Added low level MAC resolution using the Neighbor Discovery protocol. This
  lets ipv6fp send packets at the Ethernet level, bypassing Scapy's
  default transmission mechanisms, which do not handle the link layer
  correctly.
* Made ipv6fp capable of sending IPv4 probes and implemented some tests.
  This should let us determine if end hosts exhibit the same behaviour
  at the transport layer when the underlying network layer protocol
  varies between IPv6 and IPv6.
* Big improvements to fpanaly which now reads a bunch of result files from
  a directory, parses their contents, and reports useful information about the
  results.
* Made it possible to send probes 100ms apart. This should let us conduct
  some time-dependent tests that current Nmap OS detection engine performs.
* Fixed a number of bugs.
* Had a meeting with David and scheduled the next one.

Priorities:

* ipv6fp is almost finished but there are some details that still need a
  bit of polishing.
* When ipv6fp is ready, run it against each of the 14 virtual machines that I
  set up.
* Add more result analysis algorithms to fpanaly.
* I still didn't attempt to make IPv6 work on the FreeBSD 8.1 VM.

Regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.