Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: address-info.nse

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 10:53:06 +0300

I like the script idea. IPv4 addresses have information encoded in
them as well. Atleast there are different address ranges for loopback,
LAN, WAN, documentation etc.

Typically we prefix names of scripts that operate by ip address with
"ip-". I would also like to call this something other than info just
because an info script would typically talk to the host to figure out
details. Maybe we could name this script simply ip-address.nse.