Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Call for testers: nsock-engines experimental branch

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () greenbone net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 20:24:23 +0200

Hello,

I have compiled results of the tests of my nsock-engines branch[1]. I
have made several improvements since the initial announcement and I am
now quite happy with it. I can still identify lots of possible
improvements but currently I want to keep it as close as possible to
the existing implementation, in order to make regressions easier to
track.

My tests for this benchmark have been performed under GNU/Linux. I
have also successfully tested the code on a FreeBSD machine (which was
useful to have a good coverage of the pcap related code).

I have made some extensive testing (performances stress tests,
profiling, debugging...) and choosing what to represent on this
webpage wasn't trivial. Most parameters are empirical and some stats
experts might find my choices irrelevant.
I would be pleased to receive any advice to improve the accuracy of my
tests, or the presentation of the results, or add anything that would
be helpful to compare implementations.

The results are available at: http://labs.unix-junkies.org/nsock-bench

Regards.

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2011/q3/143