Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Question regarding your mac-geolocation script

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 18:16:16 -0700

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 07:15:13PM +0200, Gorjan Petrovski wrote:
Hi list,

It seems Google have cut access to their geolocation service and our
mac-geolocation script no longer works. I've tested it with several
MAC addresses and no results were returned. Any testing would be
welcome. I'll research a bit these days if there is an alternative,
but the chances for that are slim.

That is a bummer, as it is a really neat script!  If we can't get it
working again near-term, I suppose we should remove it until/unless
Google restores access or we find an alternative.  Personally, I was
amazed by the accuracy of that service.

Cheers,
Fyodor