Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: xmpp.nse

From: Vasiliy Kulikov <segooon () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:48:32 +0400

Hi Henri,

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 12:05 +0200, Henri Doreau wrote:
  - Concerning the formatting I agree that the current output is not
optimal. Maybe both case should be displayed in two columns, using the
tab library[1]?

Hmm, it would worsen the readability.  Output has 3 levels: group (like
capabilities), attribute (like node) and attribute value.  I don't know
how to lay out it not stretching the lines :(  Sometimes 2 blocks are
significantly differ in size.  Also there are elements not related to
any column:

1) Server respects/ignores server_name.

2) STARTTLS failed.  Probably it is related to the 2nd column, but IMO
it's better to show it separately.

Cleanup suggestions are adopted.

Thank you!

--