Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap r26521 fails to build on OSX 10.7

From: Dominic White <dominic () sensepost com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 00:55:45 +0200

Had two strange build errors, and wanted to know if I'm doing something boneheaded.

First was a repeat of this previously mentioned issue: http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2011/q3/324
In libnetutil/netutil.cc: Neither of the define's (__APPLE_USE_RFC_3542 or __APPLE_USE_RFC_2292) worked, but a kludgy
copy paste of 2292's define worked:
#define IPV6_HOPLIMIT       IPV6_2292HOPLIMIT

Second, was that libdnet-stripped/src/intf.c was using SIOCGIFINDEX which is unsupported on OSX. A brief look showed
that if_nametoindex() was used later on, and so a kludgy wrapping of the breaking code in linux tests got that
compiling:
+ #ifdef __linux__
    /* Get interface index. */
    if (ioctl(intf->fd, SIOCGIFINDEX, &ifr) < 0)
        return (-1);
    entry->intf_index = ifr.ifr_ifindex;
+ #endif

Just wanted to check I hadn't missed something fundamental before I go trying to build patches against this.

Thanks,
Dominic