Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap crash

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 21:56:09 -0700

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 01:47:25PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 09:30:27AM +0200, Julien Michaux wrote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "zenmapGUI\MainWindow.pyo", line 729, in _new_scan_profile_cb
  File "zenmapGUI\ProfileEditor.pyo", line 140, in __init__
  File "zenmapGUI\OptionBuilder.pyo", line 437, in __init__
  File "zenmapGUI\OptionBuilder.pyo", line 463, in __parse_tabs
  File "zenmapGUI\ScriptInterface.pyo", line 235, in __init__
  File "zenmapGUI\ScriptInterface.pyo", line 252, in get_script_list
  File "zenmapCore\NmapCommand.pyo", line 263, in run_scan
  File "os.pyo", line 423, in __getitem__
KeyError: "CHEMIN D'ACC\xc8S"

I have seen this crash report a few times. I think it only happens in
the French localization.

What version of Zenmap is it?

How did you install Zenmap?

Does the crash happen every time?

Do you know what this "CHEMIN D'ACCÈS" environment variable is? The
Internet translates it as "PATH"; but I don't see how "PATH" is being
put through gettext translation at that point in the code.

Julien wrote back to say that the "CHEMIN D'ACCÈS" environment variable
is being set by pcAnywhere. Deleting the variable fixed the problem. I
don't know exactly what's going on, but it looks like the "PATH" name is
being localized at a lower level than we control. I found this bug:
        https://bugs.launchpad.net/moovida/+bug/314669
Maybe we can work around it by catching the KeyError exception. I wonder
if this happens for any other languages? I have only seen French in the
automatic crash reports.

David Fifield