Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] New scripts vuze-dht-info, vuze-find-nodes

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 21:12:50 +0100

Hi all,

Here are two more scripts from the secwiki script ideas page:
vuze-dht-info - retrieves a bunch of info (including protocol version) from
a remot vuze node
vuze-find-nodes - queries a remote node for a list of other nodes (ip port)

I'm also attaching the main library used by both scripts and the probe and
match line for nmap-service-probes.
What makes Vuze DHT kind of akward is the fact that there's no default port.
The documentation [1] recommends a (kind of broad) range to use, but I
found loads of nodes that are on not within that range.
Therefore I've found it kind of difficult to create a good portrule for the
scripts and port range for the probe.
I would appreciate some feedback here, berfore I commit.

Thanks,
Patrik

[1] http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Select_port_for_Vuze
--