Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Taking SVN server down for migration

From: rilian4 rilian4 <rilian4 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 09:26:46 -0800

Slashdot has already picked up the story about cnet. Someone from nmap
hackers posted it:
http://news.slashdot.org/story/11/12/06/014244/downloadcom-bundling-adware-with-free-software

Maybe this will give it some much-needed traction in the media...

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:

Hi folks.  This is just a heads-up that I'm taking the SVN server down
in a few minutes to do backups and to work on a migration to a new svn
server we're setting up.  The downtime should be less than an hour.

And while you're waiting for the SVN server to come back up, you can
check out the latest outrage.  In case you missed it on nmap-hackers,
c|net Download.Com is now distributing Microsoft-sponsored trojan
installers for Nmap, VLC, Wireshark, and other software!  Details:

http://seclists.org/nmap-hackers/2011/5

Cheers,
Fyodor