Nmap Development mailing list archives

New SVN server live!

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 21:28:48 -0800

Hi Folks!  I'm happy to report that David and I finally upgraded to
the new SVN server we've wanted for quite a while.  This one has
several advantages:

o SSL-encrypted instead of plaintext, for much better security

o The new server is roughly twice as fast (in general benchmarks) as
  the old one.

o You can now get history back to 1998 rather than 2005.  This didn't
  work for anonymous users on the old server due to a configuration
  issue.

o Improved name: Since this is for the Nmap project specifically, it
  is now at svn.nmap.org rather than svn.insecure.org.

o We now use SVN's mod_dav https method of interacting with the
  server.  This is a more capable system which may allow us to offer
  some nice improvements (e.g. better web access, webdav mounting
  support) later.

To update your working directory to use the new server, run these
commands:

svn up -r 27448
svn switch --relocate svn://svn.insecure.org https://svn.nmap.org
svn up

If, after doing this, you still have the warn-svn-move target in
Makefile.in that prevents building, then delete your working directory
and check out again:

svn co https://svn.nmap.org/nmap

If you get errors in the nbase, ncat, nping, nsock, and zenmap
directories after updating, then delete those directories and update
again:

rm -rf nbase ncat nping nsock zenmap
svn update

Hopefully this will all go smoothly.  If your run into any problems
though, please let us know on nmap-dev.

Enjoy the new server!
-Fyodor