Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap host based registry

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:09:48 +0100

Hi all,

I've been working on a patch to add a host based registry to Nmap.
One of the drivers behind it is to reduce memory usage and to allow Nmap to
clear out registry entries that are no longer needed once a scan of a host
group is completed.
The patch is quite small and works by adding a registry entry to the host
table passed to the host- and portrule functions.

The documentation change I wrote (with a lot of help from David) in the
doc/scripting.xml file which should give you a clearer picture of what
we're trying to achieve.
I'm interested in any comments or suggestions in regards to this change
before I commit it. The patch is attached.

Thanks,
Patrik
--
Patrik Karlsson