Nmap Development mailing list archives

Zenmap - Still can't get any to run on latest Mac OS

From: Paul A Roberts <proberts () teleport com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 22:10:50 -0800

Hi,

I waited a while and am now trying the latest nmap-5.61TEST4.dmg on Mac OS X 10.7.3 instead of the Stable release but
it seems to have the same issues with the Stable release.  Neither will run the Zenmap.  The command line runs fine.

In both cases when you install nmap it asks for the 'root' password to install but then when you run Zenmap it asks
again claiming Zenmap needs to make changes.  If you enter the password at that point the Zenmap icon then vanishes.
It just loops like that... each time you run Zenmap from the Apps it wants to make that change but then dies again.

I'm a big fan of the command line but I really like the way the GUI version reports on Windows so I'd love it if I
could figure out how to make it run on the Mac.