Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Question regarding oracle-dump-hashes NSE script

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 20:16:53 +0100

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Johnny Xmas <johnny () johnnyxmas net> wrote:

Hello!

I'm attempting to use it in conjunction with the latest version of NMap (
5.61TEST5), to no avail. Nmap works fine, does everything else I ask of it,
and other scripts generally perform as expected. I invoke
oracle-dump-hashes like so:

#  nmap -p 1527 --script oracle-dump-hashes.nse
--script-args="creds.oracle='username:password'" <ip-of-server>

But this is the only output that is generated:

Starting Nmap 5.61TEST5 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2012-03-13 08:26 CDT
Nmap scan report for <hostname> <(ip)>
Host is up (0.0012s latency).
PORT     STATE SERVICE
1527/tcp open  tlisrv

And that's it. No output from NSE whatsoever, and the expected files are
not written.  Has anyone else tried this script? Can anyone assist?

Hi Johnny,

I'm the author of the script which unfortunately hasn't made it into Nmap
yet, so I'm guessing you downloaded it from the mailing list archive? I was
experiencing a lot of problems with this script when I wrote it as it
depends on the query functionality in the oracle TNS library. As we have
implemented TNS entirely in Lua and due to the lack of proper protocol
documentation I didn't spend more time trying to get query support working
on the platforms where it failed. While everything looked good when running
the script against my test environment it turned out that there was
problems with running queries against other versions, architectures and
OS:es.

I spent quite some time fixing a few of these issues but never got it
working good enough to enable the functionality needed by this script. If
you look at the table in the documentation for the tns.lua library in the
nselib directory you can determine if queries are likely to work or not
against the particular Oracle environment your running against.

//Patrik
--
Patrik Karlsson
http://www.cqure.net