Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: OS X Lion and IPv6

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:06:57 -0700

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:33:04AM +0100, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
The second problem occurs when scanning "external" IPv6 addresses. What
happens is that I can't scan these addresses as root (this works for
link-local addresses though).
The error message I'm seeing is (nexthost: failed to determine route to
<ipv6 addr>). It's possible to scan the same IPv6 address as a non
privileged user but as root it always fails. I've tried adding a zone index
or specifying the interface with -e or forcing a TCP scan rather than a SYN
scan, but the scan always fails with the same message.

There's a change this is fixed in r28340, which changed the routing loop
for BSD. Please try it. Also, see if you can get an --iflist both before
and after this revision and see if there are any important differences.

David Fifield