Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [patch] Fix for MainWindow._load_diff_compare_cb scan list construction

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 23:55:46 -0700

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 02:03:43AM +0000, jah wrote:
Hi folks,

With a freshly opened window of the latest zenmap I tried to compare
two scans having the same args and targets, but the Diff window
drop-downs were only allowing the more recent of the two scans to be
selected.  The same happens when loading two scans having the same
args and targets from the scan database.

The problem is caused by the way MainWindow._load_diff_compare_cb
creates a dictionary of scans for the DiffWindow constructor - it
doesn't ensure the dictionary keys are unique and so adding later
scans with the same parsed name or command line clobbers earlier ones.

The attached patch duplicates code from ScanChooser.add_scan to
'version' the scan names - I reckon this is cleaner than either trying
to get access to ScanChooser.add_scan from MainWindow or moving
add_scan somewhere else.

Thanks, this is a good idea. Rather than duplicate code I thought it
better to make the ScanChooser constructor always use add_scan so it can
enforce the no-duplcates rule itself. I committed something to this
effect.

David Fifield