Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE script] IPv6 RA flood

From: Adam Števko <adam.stevko () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 17:49:52 +0200

Hi guys,

IPv6 deployment is on the rise and there are some protocol vulnerabilities. One of them is flooding network with Router
Advertisments causing machines to recompute route table entries leading to 100% CPU utilization.  Based on my testing,
I found these platforms vulnerable: Windows (was unusable), Solaris (was usable, but the console lagged a bit). Linux
and FreeBSD were unaffected (issue was fixed few days later it was announced). This work is inspired by THC IPv6 suite.

In the future I would like to add support for packet fragmentation and giving ability to bypass RA Guard, work on more
NSE scripts inspired by tools from THC IPv6 suite and commit them to nmap script library.

Script URL: https://bitbucket.org/xenol/nse-scripts/src/0c9b7397daeb/ipv6-ra-flood.nse

Are there any changes needed to be done before this could be committed to nmap script library?

Cheers,

Adam