Nmap Development mailing list archives

James Rogers - Status Report #3 of 17

From: James Rogers <jamesmrogers () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 17:09:38 -0400

Hi, Everyone,

Weekly meeting with Fyodor went well.

Tasks reviewed at meeting:

open port bug
trouble shooting of open port bug
clang report
scripting

What I did this week:

School has been crazy the past week.  Had to write 4 papers and take
several tests.

Trouble shooting of the open port bug continues.  Can now reproduce.

Compiled the code under clang static analysis tool and generated a
massive 47MB report.  Compressed it was still almost 4MB.  Forwarded
this to Fyodor.

Looked into writing my first script.  Reviewed how the
http-drupal-modules.nse works.  Going to pick something off the todo
list and figure out something with it.

Answered a few questions on the mailing list about how ncat works.

Continued learning how nmap works and documenting what I learn.
Trying to figure out how to adjust the timing and order of a host
group.

Learned that scan phases are controlled in nmap_main() by the if then
statements that call ultra_scan.

Thanks,
James