Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Sean Rivera's status report - #3 of 17

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 17:02:27 -0700

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 05:58:36PM -0600, sean rivera wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up that makes a lot more sense. I do have one
other question though. How should I go about matching the language and the
two letter code? Would it be worth it to set up a lookup table that has all
supported languages and then use that for comparison? Do you know of any
inherent Python functionality that could help?

I don't know of anything built into Python. You should just make your
own table. (And also a reverse table, which ideally should be built
automatically from the forward table for easier maintenance.)

There's an RFC or something that has the whole list of language codes,
but I don't want to actually build that table into the script. Rather,
just add entries for the language codes that are actually in
nmap-service-probes, and add a warning output for any language code seen
that's not in the table.

David Fifield