Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: mysql-brute using brute library

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 20:54:16 +0200

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Aleksandar Nikolic
<nikolic.alek () gmail com>wrote:

Hi All,

I rewrote the mysql-brute script to use brute library.
I've commited it to trunk as per David's suggestion.

Here is the sample output with timing:

PORT     STATE SERVICE
3306/tcp open  mysql
| mysql-brute:
|   Accounts
|     No valid accounts found
|   Statistics
|_    Performed 2290 guesses in 600 seconds, average tps: 4

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 602.52 seconds

And here is the output of the old script:

PORT     STATE SERVICE
3306/tcp open  mysql

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 605.47 seconds

No noticeable increase in speed I'm afraid.
I've tested it agains my own server without default passwords on purpose.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Aleksandar

Hmm, what version are you running against? I'm running against 5.1.62 in
Ubuntu and get:

   Statistics
|_    Performed 1940 guesses in 2 seconds, average tps: 970.00

//Patrik

--
Patrik Karlsson
http://www.cqure.net