Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Help debugging hang with epoll_engine

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:50:37 -0500

Henri,

It appears that the bug is epoll-specific. Earlier scans would produce
the hang within the first 2 hostgroups or so, within 20 minutes of
starting the scan. Now, with "--nsock-engine select" I've been running
for over 15 hours with no hangups. Unfortunately, I'm only about 2%
done with my scan...

Dan