Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap in another movie (Abduction)

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 01:41:19 -0700

In case anyone thought Nmap's movie star days were over, I've just
learned that it made an appearance in a 2011 movie named Abduction,
featuring Taylor Lautner, Sigourney Weaver, Michael Nyqvist, etc.  By
most accounts it is a terrible movie, and much of the audience is
apparently teenage girls who want to see Taylor Lautner (from the
Twilight series) take off his shirt.  But at least it has a hacking
scene with Nmap (in the background) and I've got the screenshots to
prove it:

http://nmap.org/movies/#abduction

Interestingly, some of the Nmap visuals they used were swiped straight
from The Matrix Reloaded.

In better-movie news, Dredd has now been released in many countries
and it features glimpses of Nmap throughout the movie.  I've been
waiting for this since Nmap was spotted in the trailer a few months
ago.  Here are the details:

http://nmap.org/movies/#dredd

Cheers,
Fyodor