Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap Zenmap - problem or bug

From: Nuno Correia <Nuno.Correia () divultec pt>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:17:16 +0000

Hello

First off all thank you for this awesome tool, I've using it for a while for work purposes.

But since version 6.0 I cannot use zenmap properly.

Doesn't matter which profile I use, I always get  "(0 hosts up)" message on the result. And the hosts are online, ping
using cmd works.
Tried reinstalling and now I'm on version 6.0.1 and the problem remains.

I'm no expert but it feels like NMAP doesn't know which interface to use. But a simple ping profile for 127.0.0.1 works.
If it helps, Windows 7 Ent x64, Toshiba Laptop with an Intel 82579V NIC.

Read  the guides on the website and explored Zenmap expecting to find an option  or configuration related with the
problem, like choosing which interface to use, but no success no far

Any help?

Ty

Regards,

Nuno Correia