Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] ssl-enum-ciphers idea

From: Aleksandar Nikolic <nikolic.alek () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 13:02:21 +0200

Hi all,

I've started working on ssl-date script which gets time from the server
which we get in reply for ClientHello.

I took a look at ssl-enum-ciphers which is a greedy little script.
It has quite a lot of ssl protocol in it which it keeps for its self.

It is a really quite complete script.
What do you think, would it be a good idea to break this script
into a sort of ssl library and make it's functions, constants and enums
available
to other, future, scripts ?

I can see it getting quite useful for some scripts that would check for ssl
vulnerabilities and other stuff.

As far as I know, currently, there is no way of "speaking ssl" on that
level from NSE
save for building packets by hand, which ssl-enum-ciphers already does.

Aleksandar