Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Script scan on UDP ports erroneously marks ports as open

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 19:50:38 -0700

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 05:49:55PM -0500, Christopher Clements wrote:
If I perform a script scan along with a UDP scan (-sUC), the NSE
run erroneously marks UDP ports as open.  This is easily repeatable for me.
 What's the best way to help figure out why this is happening?

Thanks for reporting this. Is it all UDP ports or only some of them? If
it's aonly a few of the, which ones is it. Can you tell which scripts
are causing the ports to be marked open?

David Fifield