Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nsock new engines

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 01:37:58 +0200

Hello,

I've just merged my nsock-newengines branch into trunk. The two new engines are:

* poll(2)-based: this one isn't as efficient as the epoll one, but
should be available almost everywhere, just like select(2), without
suffering the limitations of the latter in term of number of
manageable sockets. Users of microsoft windows and old versions of
linux would benefit it.

* kqueue/kevent(2)-based: this is now our smallest engine (less than
400 lines of code) and a pretty efficient one! The numerous flavors of
BSD, including MacOS (not sure about iOS) provide these functions.

I've tested these new engines as much as possible, but I couldn't test
all the platforms that benefit the changes. Testing and feedback would
be much appreciated.

Regards

--
Henri