Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap Error

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 09:03:45 -0700

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 12:15:41AM -0500, Theo Linnemann wrote:
Hey there, I'm not a sec pro or anything, but I was just messing around
with ZenMap a little bit and ran into this error while attempting to scan
two specific IP's. I found a page on the site describing a similar error,
but it didn't seem to be resolved, so I figured more data might help. I'm
running Windows 8 64-bit.

Error output: Strange connect error from 128.255.213.90 (10048): Only one
usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally
permitted. Assertion failed: 0, file src\nsock_core.c, line 364

Running default Slow comprehensive scan using the Zenmap GUI.
v6.01

I think this is fixed (at least worked around) in r29722. We didn't find
out what scripts were trying to bind to the same port, but the error is
no longer a fatal one. You can try selectively disabling scripts in the
profile manager to see if you can make the problem go away.

David Fifield