Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [patch] Update documentation on port specification

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:27:39 -0800

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:39:24AM -0600, Daniel Miller wrote:
I just had a conversation in IRC with a user who expressed confusion
over the S: in the example port specification in the Nmap man page.
I checked, and the documentation mentions T: and U:, but not S: and
P:, which are valid for SCTP and IP Protocol specifications,
respectively. The patch below will fix this. I'll commit it if there
are no objections by tomorrow morning.

Looks fine. Please only change refguide.xml as nmap.1 is generated
automatically.

David Fifield