Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Usage of docs/sample-script.nse?

From: John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:14:32 +0100

Ok i thought i may have been a little late.  thanks for the link ill take a
copy for my self.

cheers
john

On 13 December 2012 06:09, Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org> wrote:

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM, John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com> wrote:

Hi Fyodor,

I just took a look at the script.  TBH i didn't know it existed, that said
i think i would have been very useful when i first started writing
scripts.
 It also looks like a good reference for people like me that are not
writing lua/nse every day/week/month.  If you where to drop this i would
probably store a copy in my git repo for my own reference purposes.

The fact that i didn't find it is a shame, although i am more then happy
admit this was my fault it was in the docs section after all.  One thing i
would suggest is that it is also included on http://nmap.org/nsedoc/ and
perhaps a pointer to the file in http://nmap.org/book/man-nse.html

I'm afraid your mail came a little late.  After receiving now responses in
a week to my email asking if anyone used it, I removed it on Monday
(r30374).  But it's still there in svn, you just need to specify a revision
number (e.g. 30373) now:

https://svn.nmap.org/nmap/docs/sample-script.nse?p=30373

Cheers,
Fyodor