Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Lotus Domino httpd version

From: Jesper Kückelhahn <dev.kyckel () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:42:06 +0100

Hi David,

I thought a bit more about this, and might it be more useful to generalise this script to extract versions of different
web / application servers? This could be a very small list compared to http-fingerprints, including only pages that
could be used for version extraction. Domino, Tomcat, Sharepoint, Apache httpd, JBoss AS, Glassfish, WebLogic,
WebSphere, .Net, etc could be potential candidates for this list.

What is the rule of thumb for default version detection scripts in regards to http traffic, and net traffic in general ?

- Jesper