Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] ip-conflict

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:08:39 -0700

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 01:12:55PM +0800, WEN Pingbo wrote:
hi, dev
I write a script to check the target if there is an ip-conflict in local
network, by sending an ARP packet.

this script is in prerule stage, and only support ipv4.

Because I didn't find any entrance to submit my script, so I attach it here.

This is the right place to submit your scripts.

I think the script will be more useful if it runs as a hostrule script,
not a prerule script. Scripts are easier to use if they don't require
the user to add script arguments to the command line. You can take the
IP address from host.ip.

Is it possible to implement this script more straightforwardly, without
using threads? Just send and then wait in a read loop utnil a timeout.

David Fifield