Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] opentracker-stats

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 13:02:55 -0700

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 01:34:23AM +0400, Meshcheryakov Alexey wrote:
Hi. nmap-dev. attached is a basic script, which read and parse stats from
openTracer bittorrent tracker. I use Lua-Simple-XML-parser (
https://github.com/Cluain/Lua-Simple-XML-Parser) for parsing xml.

Thank you for writing this script.

Is there documentation for the XML format? If so, you should put a link
to it in the script.

The portrul is too broad. It should not match all HTTP services. Just
target it to the oprts that opentracker commonly runs on, or ports that
version detection has discovered to be opentracker.

Is it possible to do the parsing without an XML library? It is a goal of
ours to include an XML parsing library,
        https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Script_Ideas#XML_and_HTML_parsing
but the one you linked at https://github.com/Cluain/Lua-Simple-XML-Parser
doesn't look suitable. I found a bug in looking at the code; it seems to
decode "&#38;gt;" to ">" rather than "&gt;".

David Fifield