Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nping command line parsing: set source IP address

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 00:44:37 -0700

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:11:38PM +0000, Perry Hooker wrote:
I've run in to some problems using nping 0.6.25 with the command-line
option to set the source IP address (-S, --source-ip) on CentOS 6.2.
Specifically, when I specify a numeric source IP address, e.g.

$ nping -c 1 -S 192.168.1.1 127.0.0.1

I get the error message

WARNING: No targets specified, so 0 hosts pinged.

However, the command

$ nping -c 1 -S random 127.0.0.1

functions as expected.

Thanks for this report. However I can't reproduce this at all. Did you
build Nping from source? Try "make distclean" followed by a rebuild.

David Fifield