Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 5.50 script engine error

From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 20:59:44 +0200

2013/7/22 Bellingar, Richard J. (RET-DAY) <Rick.Bellingar () reedelsevier com>:
I read Manuel Pelaez' 7/20 post in the ISC Diary "Do you have rogue Internet gateways in your network? Check it with
nmap", tried it and found I didn't have ip-forwarding.nse. Downloaded it, and now I'm getting -

Starting Nmap 5.50 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2013-07-22 14:32 EDT
NSE: failed to initialize the script engine:
/usr/share/nmap/nse_main.lua:378: /usr/share/nmap/scripts/ip-forwarding.nse:39: variable 'SCRIPT_NAME' is not declared
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'assert'
        /usr/share/nmap/nse_main.lua:378: in function 'new'
        /usr/share/nmap/nse_main.lua:574: in function 'get_chosen_scripts'
        /usr/share/nmap/nse_main.lua:990: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

QUITTING!

Where is this declaration to be made? In scripts.db?

Rick

The only freedom which deserves the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not
attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it.

John Stuart Mill, 1859

Hello Richard,

Please note that the output you coupied suggests that you're running
Nmap 5.50. It's outdated; please try again with the latest version of
Nmap and let us know if the problem persists.

Yours,
Jacek Wielemborek