Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: zenmap crashed while using 'Filter hosts'

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 14:09:52 -0700

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 01:51:28AM -0700, Kris Paernell wrote:
Greetings, My absolute respect for all who contribute to the nmap
project and my obeisance to the creator Fyodor! This crash occured
while trying to find an expression that would allow me to filter hosts
by including results that match one string while excluding those
results that which contain a different string. eg: .domain.com &! mail
, as an attempt to only show results for .domain.com (www.domain.com,
www2.domain.com, nmap.domain.com, etc.domain.com) while omitting
mail.domain.com mail1.domain.com, web-mail.domain.com, etc.

I found reference to being able to specify fields to identify which
included an example to exclude results, such as: os:!linux , this was
in a changelog.

Thank you for this report. I was not able to reproduce it with a search
string like ".domain.com &! mail" (I don't think '&' has any meaning to
Zenmap). However I was able to reproduce it with any string starting
with a colon, like ":domain.com". I think I have a fix committed in
r31605.

David Fifield